Sunday 21 July 2013

Grandfather's Game


And that's what I've done. Maintained it for 20 years. This old brooms had 17 new heads and 14 new handles in its time.”

First off thank you for all the kind words and comment’s over the last couple of months, well actually all of them since I started. I may not always reply but I make a point of reading them all, and it keep me going.


I have an idea, no wait really I do, of a new approach to UTBG. Whilst the basic’s of the game will remain the same I’m thinking about refocusing things to be roughly the same but play out differently.

So the question is what is the quintessential essence of UTBG? What can be cut out and what can be left in? What do you like about the game and would miss in it’s absence
?

There are also other games of mine which I thinking of approaching in the same way, but we’ll see how this pans out first.

5 comments:

  1. For me, what kills the mood about UTBG is the timing. Even having some remote idea on how to do some things, there is little to no control about what you can really do. I mean, technically, the player should solve the case whilst avoiding getting fully bimboified... but the way time passes and the lack of tips on where to go or what to do for some of the parts of the case solving makes the experience just a way of seeing how much or how less of a bimbo the player ends up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the slow transformation aspect- experimenting with the various actions available to see what did what.

    It is a little hard to judge the ending transformations given they were still works in progress but the 'poof' you are someone else isn't as fun an approach for me

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is easy. I love UTBG. The slow process over time and with that what you do (example to use the copier to get an butt enlargement....) and what you would become after doing it. Also the bad ends for some decisions (mr. grey). I also enjoy it to be timing. You have just a couple of houres per day. The limit of 7 days should be gone and never ending like the Curse Game from Amonymous Man.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Almost 3 months with no Nandi news? This makes me sad... :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah that Nandi she never posts or updates. If I was her I would be really cross with myself ;)

    ReplyDelete