Saturday 24 May 2014

Twine has come?



I know one extreme or the other, what can I say I'm on a roll :).

Looking at the stuff coming out of TFGames it seems that the tide had turned and the more graphic intensive RAGS has given way to Twine. And in some way's I can't blame people to do a good RAGS game take a lot of effort to do well, whilst writing a CYOA is a lot easier and takes less effort outside the writing. They also share a lot of the same problems with every other games in that it still takes a lot of time and effort to do a good game.

Personally I like the slightly more complex style RAGS offers but I'm not oppossed to Twinw, in fact I might try to create one of my own some day.

So what do people think? What do people like or dislike about the various systems. And oh I've created a poll so people can pick there favorites.

3 comments:

  1. tried to vote, but it didn't take.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely RAGS as it has a much better feel to the game for the player, and prefer the overall look of the RAGS game - unfortunately it is more effort but that is a good thing i think as it promotes quality over quantity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely prefer RAGS - I like the images and exploration aspects of RAGS games, and I've not seen a twine game that could offer the same.

    ReplyDelete