Sunday 27 May 2012

Retro Nandi

...or Why Nandi shouldn't be allowed to look at her old games.

It's said that Director's are never satisfied with there  films, they only run out of time. Game creator are much the same.

Recently I've had to look at old games for various reason, mostly because they were broke, but a few because people just mentioned they liked them. Usually I can see where things could have been different and better. Mainly in the writing I'd like to think that over time my writting has improved from terrible to merely bad :).

The reason I'm posting is because Phyross pointed out that one of my old games Office Politic wasn't working write. So I thanked them and went on to fix the game.

And that should be that but then I thought, well it shares the same setting as How to get Promoted so couldn't I use the same pictures? About 48 hour later my simple fix has turned into a new picture filled version of the game with a few new bug fixes and even extra content.

I've been looking at converting an old game as a blog exclusive, as a thank you to people who've spent time to read my babbling. I was thinking of House of TG, but I don't think I'll be able to fine good enough graphics for that little project, so this is the perfect opportunity to say thank you everyone.

Office Politics 0.2.1

EDIT : Minor bug fixes

12 comments:

  1. Nandi, thank you for the updates! I'm excited to play it!

    If you ever want someone to proofread your games, I would absolutely love to. It's much easier to see someone else's typos than your own.

    If you're ever interested, let me know: tempestreturns@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I unblushingly remember this was done for a contest I ran...I think?

    I'm old:P

    But yay, Nandi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nandi, we have to thank you for such nice games!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This had a bit more consequences than I'd intended, but thank you for the nice game.

    I had not expected a reply in less than three days, with a fixed game with new graphics and all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not sure where to post this so I just went with the most recent post. I'm playing how to get promoted (managed to download it after the troubles i mentioned on tfgames) but I'm stuck on the second day after going to the lab. Ms. Lohan said she'd tell me my tasks after I'd been to the lab but there's no option of talking to her

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah sorry for the delay. Unfortunatly that's as far as the game goes so far. It's on the list so eventually...

      Delete
    2. No problem. You might want to consider just uploading an update that tells you when you've reached the end of the game though.

      Delete
  6. I've got a confession to make.
    With the knowledge of playing the new version I went back and tried the older one again.

    It worked splendidly. The first several times I had played it I couldn't find what to do, not even to lose, and since "Haunted House Sleepover" had just had version issues, I assumed that was it...

    I'm sorry Nandi.
    (Though I did get the impression you didn't really mind revisiting this game)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I cant do anything than getting transformed to 3 and taking the cell phone.
    Is there something else to do?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, got it....stupid riddle ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Echo *echo echo*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Echo, echo, echo....

      Cool this is fun :).

      Something bloggy soon honest!

      Delete